CASTING SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
STAY TUNED TUNED FOR THE CASTING ANNOUNCEMENT, BY JULY 22, 2016.
Calling all moms!
eran jayne photography and the Good Mother Project are looking for mothers of all backgrounds, ages, ethnicities, shapes and sizes for a very special photography project called Motherhood: Unfiltered.
In an age where social media and technology provide us with constant opportunities to take and retake photos, add filters, edit flaws and present an often unrealistic image of ourselves and our lives as mothers, we are hoping to create a series of real-life motherhood moments – without the filters, without the edits, but with all the beauty.
At the Good Mother Project and eran jayne photography, we believe that all mothers are beautiful and that there is beauty in each and every motherhood moment. That’s what we’re hoping to capture in these documentary-style, black & white portrait sessions.
- brand new mothers
- breast-feeding or bottle-feeding mothers
- adoptive mothers
- mothers of children with special needs
- elderly mothers & their grown children/grandchildren
- mothers of all ethnic backgrounds
- mothers with mental or physical illnesses
- mothers of only children
- mothers of many children
- mothers of teenagers
- mothers of angel babies
- pregnant mothers
- single mothers
- mothers who parent in a unique or different way
- working mothers
- stay-at-home mothers
- mothers who have faced discrimination
- mothers with secondary caregivers
- same-sex mothers
- any mother with a unique and/or beautiful motherhood story to tell
If you are willing to be photographed in a documentary style with your children or your own mother, and you feel that you have a story to tell about motherhood, we want to hear from you!
What You Need to Know:
- photo sessions will be approximately one hour long and will take place in your own home or home setting
- possible session dates are: Wednesday August 17th; Thursdays July 28th, August 4th or August 18th; Fridays July 29, August 5th, or August 26th; Saturdays July 30th or August 6th.
- photo sessions will be documentary-style – no posed shots, just real life as it happens in your home.
- you must be willing to be photographed in your regular clothes/hair/make-up (same goes for your children/family members), in an uncensored home setting (eg. don’t clean/tidy your house!)
- you must grant eran jayne photography and the Good Mother Project full permission to use your images and story online, in print and for any media opportunities. eran jayne photography and the Good Mother Project retain full copyright of the images (but you are welcome to download/print your own images for non-commercial purposes).
- images will be provided/displayed in black & white, both in an online series and potentially in a gallery setting.
- up to 10 mothers and their families will be chosen to participate in Motherhood: Unfiltered
- preference may be given to mothers living in South Delta, South Surrey or Richmond, but all mothers within the Lower Mainland are encouraged to contact us.
- your photo session will be free of cost to you, and will include up to 10 digital images of your choice (entire galleries will be available for purchase, should you choose)